Friday, March 13, 2009

the way you feel on my tongue

CRAVINNNNGSSSS!!!




So here I am, on another ordinary day with an ordinary start, but with an unordinary night of sleep and an unordinary left-eye contact lens. I'm sitting here in the office that Sonja and I share, ignoring my less-than-ordinary left-eye contacts while enjoying some good music and reading up some children's devotions to prepare for the kids, then *DING!!






craving.







I could feel it in my mouth. And I started salivating. Then my brain went into overdrive as the whole taste and sensation came rushing back into my mind. GAHHHH!!!!! I'm killing myself here!!!!




What am I talking about?? Well, I googled, and got these pictures. Oh my goodness...somebody just shoot me now before I drive myself crazy thinking about it.

























RM 4.50 beef ball noodles with minced beef, from a Soong Kee Restaurant. It used to be on Jalan Silang, smacked in the middle of KL city, but now Jalan Silang got its name changed, maybe because of the negative hokkien connotation. haha..if you don't know hokkien, "silang" means dead person. So yeah..




Anyway... problem here is: I get cravings, but I don't think I miss anything more than I miss a bowl of this noodles plus the beef balls! I don't particularly miss Malaysian food because mummy cooks so well, I don't feel a need to want Malaysian food. But this... this, mummy doesnt make. And this restaurant's specialty really is their specially smooth beef balls. GAHH!!! No, really...somebody just shoot me.








P/S: photos taken from here. This guy does a good, thorough review of the whole restaurant and stuff, especially on making the beef balls, worth a read.




P/P/S: did I mention that the whole meal tastes best with the restaurant's original, homemade chilli sauce? And by the way, this restaurant has been around for decades! Literally.

No comments: