I've got some time on my hands now, though I should really use it to catch some highly-recommended sleep. -.-
Here's my obvious, favourite passage from a book. Last year, in my Creative Writing class, we were supposed to bring our favourite passage or quote from a book. I couldn't pick one out. There were some really good ones, but none that really stood out to me as a favourite. And I found my current favourite quote/passage from "A Place Called Here" by Cecelia Ahern last week:
How can I describe this place? It's an in-between place. It's like a grand hallway that leads you nowhere, it's like a banquet dinner of leftovers, a sports team made up of the people never picked, a mother without her child, it's a body without its heart. It's almost there but not quite. It's filled to the brim with personal items yet it's empty because the people who love them aren't here to love them. (p.20)
Cecelia Ahern writes really nicely, though her imagination is quite hard to keep up with, I admire the extent of her imagination... that's how she writes the best books. I must admit though, I'm still figuring this book out. (In case if you don't know who she is, she's the author of the book, "PS, I love you" which came out as a movie early last year in Australia.) This is quite a weird book, reading about a parallel universe and stuff... it's interesting.. but weird. I'm enjoying it still though.
Mmm...anyways, Adrienne did this thing. And during our extremely short but extremely needed Grannies' sleepover during the weekend, she did this for me, and I kinda promised her I'd blog about it. So here it is. Just go to google and type in '(your name) needs' and this is what I got:
Audrey needs to stop being so friggin gorgeous (hehe, what can i say?)
Audrey needs a family (lol...i'm happy with mine)
Audrey needs more wooden spoons (to smack some guy with? ok then)
Audrey needs calm (lol...mmm)
Audrey needs a new bed on Flickr (??)
Audrey needs models for her crazy photography ideas (hmmm good idea)
Audrey needs white pages (to find a phone number? =P)
Audrey needs a girl (LOL...shut up, Altitude)
Audrey needs to find some time (mmm.... I do)
Audrey needs a sister or friends (lol got them, love 'em)
Audrey needs a fake ID (heh heh... I'm feeling adventurous)
And this one's quite...ahem...'outstanding'.. lol... in relation to the movie "Laws of Attraction" [which Daniel Lee knows well ;) ] :
Audrey needs to "make more effort" regarding men (nothing to say haha)
MMmmm... weelll... Uni's going ok for me so far... 2 days really isn't much. But work load is about the same. So hmm... by the way, I wrote a new poem!!! Should I share it? Hmm..
Ok ok... I will... ehs... This poem is directed to no one in particular and yet to someone in particular. Who that person will be, God knows. So, to this person, if you do read this and if you ever read this in the future, I hope you'll like it! =) I do indeed like this poem very much and I'm proud of it too! I like the way it played out, I didn't exactly plan every inch of it, I just wrote and I like the way it turned out... with all the deeper meanings included.
I hope you'll enjoy it, even if you're not the person this poem is dedicated to (:
P/S: this IS a romantic-love-poem
I found
I found a diamond ring.
It had familiarity in its rareness.
I found a treasure map.
It had more than treasure to offer.
I found a chest full of gold.
It had the weight of knowledge.
I found a pendant of ruby red.
It had a heart of love.
I found a magical island.
It had splendour in its difference.
I found a lamp with a genie.
It had my dreams in its hand.
I found a river of clear blue waters.
It had a promise to keep me afloat.
I found a valley with evergreen grass.
It had comfort in bringing me rest.
I found a bright burning sun.
It had source to light my way.
I found a star among millions.
It had my prayers answered.
I found you.
And I’ve loved you even before I met you.
-Audrey Tan
Have a good week! Keep smiling!
Love,
Audrey.
P/S: I can't wait for the day when I'll meet you.
Monday, March 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment