Tuesday, November 14, 2006

y o u r e y e s

When you look at someone else's life,
Thinking that it's better than your own,
Just remember what God's given you
Was designed for you alone. -Hess
Intro
Just a little something I want to share with all of you. A thought came to me the other day; you know how when we walk in the streets(doesn't matter which country you're in), you look at the people around you? But you don't so much as look at them, you let them rush through your sight. You see a beggar at a corner and you quickly turn your gaze towards something else, as if he/she were invisible. And when you see someone who is physically deformed or a little mentally retarded, you try hard not to stare and again, you try to act normal. But 'normal' is just as if they were invisible; we're looking through them.

The same goes for when we meet a drunk or a druggie. What is the first thought that comes to us? 'Ew' or 'What a waste, he/she could have done something better with his/her life' or '(sigh) Kids nowadays' Do we, the normal, blessed people realize how badly we're judging them? I remember for myself, I personally absolutely detest smokers. But here, I catch myself judging these people too quickly again.

I realize, the next time we see people less fortunate than us or people that are different from us, we should ask first 'Why are they like this' and 'What can I do to help them'. I guess it would make a great big difference in the lives of these people, if only we stopped ourselves before judging them and reached out to them the way Jesus would. Just remember W.W.J.D., and do things the way He would.

Jesus was never too pure or too clean to touch and heal those who were struck down with leprosy; Jesus was never too busy to stop and heal the sick. Jesus, the Son of God wasn't too pure or too clean or too busy. Therefore, we as humans simply cannot say we're too pure or too clean or too busy.

Your Eyes
Your eyes they look at me
Your eyes they judge me.
Your eyes never gave me a chance
I'm more than you think I can be.

Your eyes they look to me
Your eyes they question me.
Your eyes never heard my answer
I understand you're too busy.

Your eyes they look for me
Your eyes they found me.
Your eyes made a decision
I'm not worth the money.

Your eyes they look through me
Your eyes they passed me.
You
eyes never saw importance
I'm not nice to see.

Won't you stop to touch?
Won't you stop to care?
I just want to know
That someone out there will care.
I just want to know
That Jesus will be there.
-Audrey Tan

Au revoir
It's short, but I hope I've gotten my message through. So, take care and God bless! I love you.

Love,
Aud-Rey.

Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." -Isaiah 6:8

No comments: