Sunday, November 19, 2006

K i d s ' W e e k e n d !

Lord, give us strength to trust you when
Life's brudens seem too much to bear;
Dispel the darkness with new hope
And help us rise above despair. -Sper
Intro
Now that I've got some time in my hands before I go to sleep, I just thought that maybe I could update you guys with stuff that has gone on in the weekend. Besides my first Friday night study group in about 6 or 7 weeks, it was really fun. I had a chat with Meanie and later we played soccer in the freezing cold. I OLE-ed Meanie!! Ha-ha...you got owned Meanie!! As for Saturday and Sunday, FGAM has an annual Kids' Weekend where basically, it's the children's ministry that takes over the church service(both Saturday and Sunday). It's been really busy this weekend, and I'm dead tired; everyone involved is!

Kids' Weekend
Alvin, Grace and I songled at the church service, and it was ok. We jumped until we couldn't stand still anymore. LoL. We were so tired, plus today is actually pretty rare. Rare because after so many months, I'm starting to feel Malaysian weather again! Both yesterday and today was hot as, so not funny. So yeah, I remember two years back when I came to Melbourne to visit my sisters, it was Kids' Weekend as well. And two years ago, FGAM's children ministry organised an awesome Garage Sale, and we did it again this year.

It was cool, you know? We went through lots of funny things donated by church members, and then fighting with the other stalls to see who screamed the loudest or who sold more stuff. So, it was cool. Pastor Chris' message was awesome as well. He talked about us giving God our MAXimum. It was really good, and the kids were all really good as well, we got them all up on stage to jump and worship with us, and they were just fantastic! So cute too(Tee-hee)!

We were all so tired, and by the time most of the crowd had gone home, we just packed up the remainding items, moved more stuff and then headed home. Well, most of us went home to sleep or rest, and some went for another soccer game; I had to stay in church!

Dance practice
Oh, today I wore high heels, for the first time, and I had to dance in them as well(-_-)!! Because our last Fungus rally for the year is coming up, and my exams are "almost" over, why not dance for the next rally? It's themed Fairytale Ball, so it's gonna be like prom! Might as well, you know? Just imagine, jump and jump, then watching stalls and trying to get people to buy stuff, plus, running around looking for small change followed by dance practice in high heels. So, my legs are caning right now. =(

From my toes to my heels; and my calves to my thighs; it hurts!! Wa-ha, but thanks to Gabriel, Alvin, Shaun and Peter for being so very patient eventhough I keep stuffing up. Mainly because I haven't danced in almost a year! Coordination skills need brushing up! And I elbowed Alvin's face, and knocked Shaun's bony shoulder with my nose! LoL. I think my nose actually hurt more. Well, at least this time I didn't step on any of your toes eventhough I was on high heels, and none of you guys dropped me or tumbled over. =D

I did get pretty dizzy from trying to land my twist just right, but it's all good now. As long as I don't think about how I'm gonna move around tomorrow, it's all good! Hmm, I wonder how are Ruth and Chara doing; although Ruth is pretty used to heels(I think) and Chara didn't wear heels to dance much.

Ice-cream treat
And thanks lots to Shaun for suggesting ice-creams after practice, and Alvin for treating me to Hungry Jack's soft serve cone, and Pete for sending me home after dance practice. Ice-cream was so good today just 'cause it was such a hot day. Sheesh...this weather. Tsk! Tsk! But anyway, I'm so excited; I just can't wait for the coming rally! Everyone's gonna dress up and stuff...whee...

Au revoir
Ok, well that's basically the updates for this weekend. wish me luck in my exams! =P =P Take care and God bless! I love you.

Love,
Aud-Rey.

We have no great power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You. -2 Chronicles 20:12

No comments: