Some of my favourite song lyrics, in no particular order. Trust me, I tried to limit the list to as few as possible.
These aren't lyrics that mean something to me in particular, but these are lyrics that managed to fit so much in such a small amount of words, and the best part is that they fit perfectly. This, in "Creative Writing" terms would go something along the lines of "Describing something indescribably big using simple, small words that actually describes it all." Sounds confusing, I know... feel free to let it fly right past your head though. =)
"Why oh why must there be a reason to love...I want nothing else but being with you, and with you I'll know why." - Why oh Why by Juwita Suwito
"But the thing I find most amazing about amazing grace is the chance to give it out, maybe that's what Love is all about." - I'm Not Who I Was by Brandon Heath
"When everything we say and take just leads to war and hate, we only pass the blame, sedate the pain, and move along but something feels so wrong! So deep inside, so hard to hide, so desperately we try and try! And come to find that we're not what we've been looking for; I can't believe I'm hearing people say that all is well. I think it's time we all admit we have no good within ourselves, 'cause we are not ok, we're not alright; we need to pray for help! Forgive us for our pride, oh God, oh God, please save us from ourselves!" - Something's Got to Change by Josh Wilson
"My hands shake, I'm not usually this way. But you pull me in and I'm a little more brave; it's the first kiss, it's flawless, really somethin', it's fearless." - Fearless by Taylor Swift
"You should come with a warning, you should be wearing a sign that says you're beautiful trouble, so you'd better beware." - Ain't No Sense in Love by Take That
"They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of any eye." - One in a Million by Miley Cyrus
"Wanting something out of reach, it's killing me; you're all I see...Until you're mine, I'm gonna be even close to can't breathe, I won't rest until you're mine." - Until You're Mine by Demi Lovato
"...Is being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away; and never knowing what could've been." - What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts
"Do our hearts know something we don't? Conspiring, converging, without giving us any say." - The Thief by Brooke Fraser
"All my great ideas, I’ve regretted most of them but that was back long before the day, when I saw a flash of light and I heard the sound of a voice like thunder, shake the ground. It was the first time I remember ever feeling my heartbeat, and the arms that gripped me felt like grace and I realized in their embrace, to be held so tight I’ve never felt so free-also known as the day that You found me." - You Found Me by Big Daddy Weave
"...To fix the puzzle that I see inside. Painting all my dreams the colour of your smile, when I find you, it will be alright." - Gotta Find You by Joe Jonas
"You are the laughter from childhood games. You are the spark of dawn, you are where I belong, you are the ache I feel in every song." -Dreams on Fire, Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack
And finally, a cute music video, enjoy:
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment