So I was thinking.... as I always do...
- Is romance a direct act of service from Love for a special someone? Meaning, your love for that special someone is so much that you can't contain it and have to show it. And your showing of love is under the category of "romance". So if you're less romantic, you're loving less? OR are some people just born with the inability to show love? lol... but if the answer to my first question is a 'yes' that just means a lot of men haven't fully grasp the concept of "Husbands, LOVE your wife," right?
- How much does it take to keep the friends who are special to you (includes friends who don't think you're special to them)?
-How much waiting is too much waiting? The whole thing about grabbing opportunities as they come coincides with 'the highest risk of all is if we don't risk anything at all.' How true are these two statements? Does spontaneity = foolishness? I never thought waiting would ever be too much, but I've been hearing a lot of "too much waiting" recently (hmm) and I wonder, why and how did the beauty of waiting diminish so much as time passed? Is it impatience? Or are the things we want just not worth persevering for anymore?
- I wonder how many people in the whole wide world make the same mistake every day, of going into a relationship because they want someone to call their "own"; because they want to know what it's like to "fall in love" and what's the true meaning of love? Then I wonder about how long it would take them to realise they're in the relationship for the wrong reasons and that they're looking for the wrong things in the wrong places.
If you don't know this, you'll know it now. I'm quite a fan of Taylor Swift, because I love her lyrics mainly....but isn't that the same reason that everyone gives anyway? LoL... anyway... Bryan Seow bought her album when he went back to Singapore just 2 weeks ago and he shared it with me =) I looked inside and Taylor's message to her fans really caught my attention, because I thought, "how lame, her album is called 'fearless' and all her message is about, has 'fearless' written all over it." Then I actually read every word in her message, and I just thought I should share it with you!
This album is called “FEARLESS”, and I guess I’d like to clarify why we chose that as the title. To me, “FEARLESS” is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, FEARLESS is having fears. FEARLESS is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. FEARLESS is falling madly in love again, even though you’ve been hurt before. FEARLESS is walking into your freshmen year of high school at fifteen. FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again…even though every time you’ve tried before, you’ve lost. It’s FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can’t breathe without them. I think it’s FEARLESS to fall for your best friend, even though he’s in love with someone else. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…that’s FEARLESS too. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That’s why I write these songs. Because I think love is FEARLESS.
-Taylor Swift-
The nice thing about her message is that almost every "fearless" she talked about represented each of the songs in her album. She really is creative. Or, actually.. I'm not sure if that message is actually from her or she hired a really good speech writer to do that for her. Whatever the case, I love how the whole thing played out. =)
I had a loooonngg week, and an even longer day. So, goodnight-with much love!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment