I've been wondering. Weirdly wondering... if I were to disappear..or die or just I dunno... evaporate into thin air, what would I be remembered for? Then, following that thought, I tried remembering all of my life's achievements. From the smallest, to the biggest of them all. And here's what I got:
- at age 9, doing a dance/act in church like the ones you see in Donut Man episodes.
- sometime between age 8-11, sign language act, to the song: People need the Lord by Steve Green.
- my earliest memory of singing was in a children's choir, back when we were all noobs. I was probably 6 or 7. And I remember Samuel Chew (from FGA USJ) being the conductor!
- at age 11, I was the Master of Ceremony for a Teachers' Appreciation event. I had a whole script written out for me so that I knew what to say when, but my main role was presenting it well, and I think I managed to pull it off somehow.
- at age 10, I first started joining story-telling/public speaking/singing competitions at school, and won my first public-speaking competition by coming 8th.
- at age 11, I came 2nd in an English story-telling competition (I still think I would've come 1st, if the teachers weren't biased towards the other girl, because she ALWAYS got 1st for as long as I remembered)
- at around age 12, I started representing my school in story-telling and public speaking competitions, though never winning anything. As part of my training though, I had to go up on stage during school assembly, and tell my story/public speak in front of some 500-1000 students at that insanely popular school: Lick Hung.
- around age 11, I joined the children's choir at FGA USJ, and first performed in a mega huge Christmas outreach event, and then Easter the next year, Christmas next year, Easter the following year and Christmas again that year. And I don't remember how many performances we had, but I stopped choir for a bit when I was 13 or 14, because it was just too much choir for a few short years, especially when we signed a "contract" that required us to only participate in events on alternate years - that of course didn't happen.
- age 11 and 12, led a cell group in Children's ministry.
- when I was 15, I joined choir again, my last. performed at a shopping complex singing Christmas carols? Not sure what else.
- age 14, I was appointed to be assistant secretary I think? Or maybe at age 13? not sure.. assistant secretary of the youth group in FGA USJ. And sometime during those two years, I became Secretary of the youth group in FGA USJ because the previous secretary had to move away to further her studies. Youth group leadership in FGA USJ was panned out like a chain of command: President, Vice President(s), Secretary, A. Secretary, Treasurer, A. Treasurer, and then all the others...I remained in my secretary position until I was 15, and then moved to Melbourne.
- age 13, first time dancing hip-hop, under Vernis and Serene. age 14, co-led dance group; age 14-15, led dance group for a bit until it became too much to handle, having to lead people almost 5 years older than you was tough work!
- aged 15, I joined a singing talent quest for my school, making it to the final round but didn't win anything. lol
- age 14, I started song-leading at youth group with Tze Mien, and kept song-leading with her until I came to Melbourne.
- and yeah.. I was a prefect when I was 11, 13-15. =) I was the cool, rebel prefect though! haha
- age 15, I held the secretary position for planning camp for the youth group. And that was good fun.
- age 16, serving in Children's ministry at FGAM, mainly starting out as worship leader at Kids'.
- age 15(turning 16), acting in FGAM's production: EASTER ROCK 'n.' ROLL Rally alongside Alvin, Daniel, Grace and others. Then MC-ing in the next rally: Denim Nation and also, dancing in the last rally of the year: Fairytale Ball.
- age 16, mainly back-up singing at Fungus, and then later in the year, starting out in Sunday main services and slowly moving into song-leading at Fungus.
- age 16, going to Kerala, South India for a medical mission trip with 11 others, being the youngest in the group and no medical qualifications, I just assisted in the Children's ministry along with random things in the medical part of the mission trip. =)
- age 17, in and out of Children's ministry for a bit due to Year 12, mostly serving in the younger kids' class, also worship-leading.
- age 17, full-fledged song-leader at Fungus and frequent back-up singer in Sunday main service.
- age 17-18, MC-ing and taking part in various other ways during Fungus rallies.
- age 17-18, "managing" a boyband: Altitude, leading to various performances by the band throughout the year.
- age 17, directing a short section of the FGAM musical: Precious Treasure, and again directing and writing the script (with help from Pastor Chirs Ong) for Eco Rally play.
- age 17 (turning 18), games master with Azim at Fungus+101 Winter Camp.
- age 18, taking up the position of Assistant Kids Pastor for the Children's ministry in FGAM. Back to leading people older than me T.T at least this time I can say I'm not "inexperienced" anymore.
that took up so much of my time! haha....don't worry, I don't blame you for not reading. I most probably won't bother re-reading that either! ;)
But my point of typing all of that, is so I know, for myself, that the hand of God is upon my life. Everything that I've gone through, is only a small canvas painting to achieving the bigger picture that God has for me.
All that I've achieved, I achieved in the name of God. All that I've achieved, is all part of His perfect plan for me. All that I've achieved, is for God to make me stronger, to mould me and to grow me into the woman He wants me to be.
All that I am, I am by God's grace, love and mercy.
Have a blessed weekend! Y
P/S: sorry if you get to point out a lot of random or bad grammar mistakes...I couldn't really be bothered with that today. Just today ;) And I will post up my true-crime story when I've done up my final draft. Won't be too soon though. So wait. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment