
Well, I'm gonna have more essay-long blogs coming, so I won't write an essay-long blog about my trip to Great Ocean Road. In short (please take note of how SHORT is short ;)...no really, please do), I had a great time! I've kind of forgotten how fun and random hanging out with my crazy bunch of Box Hill High School friends could be. Spending a year away from them has been a really long time, and though I had second thoughts at first, I'm glad I ended up going on this trip.
I probably drank the most alcohol in those few short days than I ever drank in my whole life.. which still isn't a lot... considering fateful events that happened over the course of the weekend which I will intentionally leave the details out. =)
Some of the more memorable stuff that happened has to be that mega fateful event on our last night... taking aweome shots as a group, and definitely the sunset and sunrise. Although the weather wasn't great all weekend, I'm glad it started to let up on Saturday which still gave us plenty of time to soak in the sun and I got myself a nice tan! No, no sunburns...just tanned. Also, we all cooked... well, most of us did anyway...we took turns cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner... which was great especially since no one got food poisoning and considering the factor of teenagers cooking, we did pretty great, I reckon. And we had the most fun grocery shopping... felt like a zoo trip, really. I'm glad my days of handling groceries' money are over at least! =.="
So, here are just a few funny things/quotes:
1) First day at the beach:
"Hey, Mel lost her slippers.... should we help her?"
"...."
"nahhh...."
2) On the last night, settling in after an eventful day:
"Drunks never know when you do their swaps."
"Oh...is Mel drunk!!??!"
Mel wasn't drunk at all by the way...
3) Walking along the beach:
"My ball didn't come back!"
"What? You lost your ball?"
"Yeah, I threw it into the sea, I thought it would float and come back but it didn't!"
"But you only had your ball for 5 minutes!"
"I know.... =( ...my bouncy ball...."
2 seconds later...
"Hey, the ball really doesn't come back!"
"What!!?? Victor just said his ball didn't come back and you threw yours into the sea!!??!"
"uhh....yeahh.... =S"
4) Playing Rummy-O :
"Hey Audrey, is it possible to have 4 red ones??"
"No...there's only 2 of each colour."
"But Victor has 4 red ones!"
"What?"
"What?"
"Oh wait....they're elevens."
5) Chris' car, trying to catch up with Tim:
"This car can't go any faster.."
"Well, let's be nice to this car, maybe it'll go faster. Don't say anything bad about it or it might break down!"
"..... -.- ... "
"Oh! Let's give it a name! We'll call it Gertrude! Hi, Gertie!!! Hehe...."
"..... =.=""" ... "
6) Trying to warm up in the sun after an uneventful visit to the beach on a cold, windy day:
"Ahhh...what is with this sun!"
"Yeah man...it's like there's a switch and it turns on and off by itself..."
"Oh! The sun is back!"
"Yeah...you'll be like, 'what is this! I paid for 120 hours of sun! Where is it!!??' haha..."
7) Cooking pasta:
"Is that it!!?? You're gonna throw all of that away?? What a waste!!"
"Uhh...yeah...."
"Gosh...I thought you were asian! I'm disappointed in you Ashley" [grabs a spoon, start cleaning out every bit of sauce from the bottle, and even on the cap]
"I'm only Asian at heart!"
"I can't watch this... -.-.."
Actually...we had a lot more funny moments/quotes...but they're either too disgusting or too mean towards Mel.... hehe... but there you have it... it was fun, to say the least. It really was.
The place we stayed at, which is Jasdarnath Beach House was great too! The host was really nice, he cleaned the house very nicely before we arrived, made us feel very at home and they had all these cool stuff too.... he provided us with breakfast the next morning too...had an LCD Tv, a DVD player, a few DVDs and an Xbox too! It was a great place, one I'd recommend any day.... wasn't very expensive for a peak-season rate too. But it's only a 7-day rent from 22nd December-1st Feb...so, tough luck if you wanna rent it for just a few days... =/
Anyway, photos are all here:
Ocean Grove Trip day 1 (part 1)
Ocean Grove Trip day 1 (part 2)
Ocean Grove Trip day 3 (part 1)
Ocean Grove Trip day 3 (part 2)
Ocean Grove Trip day 3 (part 3)
Ocean Grove Trip day 4
I took 660 photos in total... but I picked out the best ones to upload onto 6 albums...go figure...
Well, I guess that's it! Have a Blessed Christmas! S2
No comments:
Post a Comment