Ok, so it was definitely...AWESOME! ! !
Ok, here goes...
Although, the formal only starts at 7PM, all Year 12 students are allowed to miss classes on the day itself. So, we can have more sleep...and definitely, more time to get ready. Well, I didn't exactly get more sleep, the butterflies in my tummy didn't settle down at all throughout the night and I was up by 7AM. So, just relaxed a bit...anticipating the night and then took a short nap before heading to Beauty Bank to get my hair done. Can I just say? Beauty Bank is a Korean Salon, and they might not always understand what exactly you're saying, and vice-versa...but they are so good!! Hehe, I was really satisfied with the way the lady did my hair, and seeing as it was the only thing I spent money on in getting ready for my formal, it was worth it.
Ok, so while I was at Beauty Bank, Yen Nie and Nhu were at my house where Nicole and Vernis were doing their make-up. And they both looked so good! So, after their make-up was done, I did their hair for them...which just so happens seems to make my house like that of a beauty parlour! LoL. It was fun though, and lastly, I got my make-up done by Sonja. A couple of them guys came to my house to wait for the limo already by then, which was pretty early...so yeah, I was getting really nervous and my heart was beating so fast, my chest started rashing up. But it's all good. So, final touches...I went upstairs to put on my dress and jewellry and Sonja dabbed some of her favourite perfume on me (thanks yea!) and I was all set. Finally.
So by this time, almost everyone was at my house waiting for the limo. Everyone except Ros. LoL. But it was quite an unlucky event for her, her make-up artist forgot that she had an appointment with her and went missing! But despite everything, through the rush and everything...Ros looked really pretty too. And so, we were off to the formal. WEeeeee.....
The limo is really cool, by the way. And we managed to squash 12 people into it, and the ride there was pretty good, everyone had excited chatter and a couple of them guys were even playing Big 2. LoL... Mmm...before I go any further, can I just say, Girlfriend Nicky was my date for the night. Thanks so much for just accompanying me all night, it was awesome to have such a close friend nearby. =) It was funny since my school friends found it amusing to be teasing me with Nick, so Tim and Alvin had the liberty of acting out a small romantic skit as if they were Nick and I. Ha-ha. It was way tiring to just keep smiling for photos though, everywhere I turned, someone wants to take a picture with me or of me. My cheeks were hurting so badly, by the end of the night my smile was basically plastered...lol...but I really was smiling on the inside! ;)
The food served were pretty ok. Depending on various people, some said it sucked...some said it was good and some didn't even eat. LoL. And I certainly don't remember dancing freestyle so much in my life. It was fun, just seeing everyone go whacko eventhough no alcohol was served, everyone was jumping, and swaying their butts from left to right most of the time. And by the end of the night, we were mostly deaf. LoL. But it sure was fun.
The night went by really quickly, and before we knew it, they were serving us desserts! We had chocolate mousse...but it was way too sweet and too rich. I ate about 4 bites then gave up on it. Then we had more dancing. By this time, our teachers had downed a couple of bottles of wine and were going way more crazy than the students. It was funny to watch though.
Mmm...so more pictures throughout the night, but by 10 o'clock, almost everyone's cameras died from low battery. LoL. Shows how much the camera was used in just a couple of hours.
So, we left San Remo Ballroom at about 11.45PM, and the ride to Pancake Parlour was a bit nauseating...maybe because we're all on a bit of a high...but it was cool. At Pancake Parlour, it was warm and everyone just ordered some drinks and took a couple more pictures and talked about the night. So it was fun.
Right after Pancake Parlour, a few of us went over to Rowena's house to sleep over. But it was only possible because nice ol' Peter, brought our things for us. Everyone dropped their things off with Sonja, then she passed the stuff to Peter and when he came to pick Nick up, he dropped off our things for us, so it was cool that we didn't need to bring our things everywhere we went during the formal. At Rowena's, we had a surprise brithday party for Jeremy eventhough it was already past 12AM, since it was Jeremy's birthday on the day of our formal. So, after the birthday song, everyone washed up and changed out of our pretty dresses and got rid of the make up while the guys took off their suits and then we all stumbled into Rowena's rhompus room.
So, there were Rowena, Melissa, Tara, Kymbat, Ros, Yen Nie, Ying, Chan, Jeremy, Ashwyn and me. And we basically stayed up all night. LoL, thankfully, we didn't play Truth or Dare/Truth or Truth, and we didn't end up playing Murder in The Dark, we didn't watch a horror movie, or a sick movie; but we watched The Professional. It was an OK show, the story plot was sort of weird, but it was ok. Then, we spent about another hour just talking or teasing one another, and finally went to sleep about 5AM.
Since Ahswyn had to wake up to go for Tennis coaching, he set the alarm on my phone at 7AM. So a couple of us woke up at 7 too, and then stayed up talking again. Reminiscing the night, thinking back about who looked good and things like that. About an hour and a half later, the rest of them sleepyheads woke up. But at this time, all those of us who woke up at 7AM, were basically stoned and we wanted to go back to sleep but it was too noisy. The night went by so quickly, that when we all woke up after just a few hours of sleep, we were overwhelmed by the fact that it is all over. And it was so awesome. LoL...
It was really crazy, but we ended up watching Honey while waiting for our parents to come pick us up, and then headed home to sleep.
-The End-
LoL, by the way...I finally went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3 yesterday night, after a 3 hours recovery sleep in the afternoon. I didn't think it was that good. Kinda disappointing, or it could just be that my mind wasn't really working. LoL. But anyway, there was way too much deaths and bloods all around...it was really messy too, everyone was just running around and things like that...and the Jack Sparrow talking to himself thing was just so random...=.=.
Ahhh...I still got 2 free Hoyts tickets which expires this month, any takers? I might go watch Fantastic 4 (2). Maybe, this coming weekend? Since it's the holidays already.
AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Avalanche Camp!! So close!! I'm so excited...I can't wait...I can't wait!!
Mmmm....I've got one folder of pictures of the formal now, I didn't take alot of pictures myself, but I'm waiting for everyone to pass the photos around first...and hopefully I can update another photo blog by Wednesday, that is, after my final SAC for this semester. Doomed! Gahhh...wish me luck! It's math!! >.<
For the coming week, take care and God bless. I love you!! Only because God first loved me TOO much! ;)
Love,
Audrey! !
P/S: Can I say? The formal was so awesome, because I know the Holy Spirit went before us, the limo came EARLY to pick us up eventhough the company's boss told me they'd be a little late. But because we had to wait for Ros, we ended up arriving at the formal late, but not late enough to miss anything. We had smooth traffic, and we were all safe throughout the night. So, I just wanna praise God for that. =) =)
P/P/S: Message of thanks:
Thanks to my dearest family, who helped me so much in making me look good on Friday. Thanks to Nicole for letting me wear your dress, necklace, earrings, and that awesome hair clip. Thanks also for doing my eyebrows for me, it was such a painful experience! :'( *sigh, the things girls do for beauty. LoL. Thanks, Vernis for lending me your heels, more hair clips and for doing Yen Nie and Nhu's make up. Thanks also for doing my mascara. =) Thanks Sonja for doing my make-up, for paying for my hair-do and for...taking a million pictures even before the night started? LoL. Thanks Josh, for that remarkable comment u passed about my hair...-.- LoL. Thanks Mummy, for helping me make my friends feel comfortable while I was busy getting ready and for paying for the formal and everything. Thank you guys so much! Of course, thanks Daddy! For first and foremost, buying that GORGEOUS dress so many years back for Nicole. You have awesome taste! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment