Fungus was awesome today. Praise&Worship was overwhelming, games was...funny...lol *cofpastorchriscof*...and unfortunate(for some). =) Pastor Chris' message was really good. He ended the whole thing well, with that story about the war-veteran Professor who sacrificed himself for his students during the massacre in Virginia Tech early this year. Inspiring.
I so love Fungus. It's really cool, just having friends who do and do not share common interests with me, but loves the same God. It's so refreshing after a busy week, and getting refreshed at Fungus really helps prepare me for the week ahead. So it's good. I love it. Ahhha...promoting Fungus here. ;) But it's just really relaxing, no worries...all smiles, more joys, more laughter, more fun!!
Anyway, Pastor Chris' message today was really good, speaking about US being heroes for our generation. One of the characteristics of a hero would be Boldness. Taken from Joshua 1, 'Be strong and courageous...' Chris very intelligently divided his message into 4 main parts.
Believe
Overcome fear
Leave the past
Do
What a way to define B.O.L.D.!! We need every aspect of B.O.L.D. or bold won't be a word. But the most important thing that makes bold a word, is ending it with a D. The one thing most of us will find hard to achieve.
Well, today's prayer for everyone who wishes to be bold:
- to be like Abraham who trusted God with his life
- to be like Joseph who could help God's people especially in a high worldly status
- to be like Moses who could lead the Israelites out of Egypt
- to be like David who saved the Israelites from slavery
- to be like Esther who stood up for what she knew was right and saved the Jews from persecution
- to be like Daniel who prayed day and night that even hungry lions didn't dare touch him
- to be like Jesus who willingly gave His life for those He loves-US
Everyone mentioned here are just a few heroes from the Bible, and all of them except Jesus(since He's the Son of God) were ordinary humans like all of us. They all went through the troubles of puberty, most likely troubles with their subject teachers/subjects, and have all experienced sadness and joy, pain and recovery, failures and successes. They were all like us, but they're dead. Now, it is clear that it's our turn to take up the roles of these heroes from the bible and be heroes for today. I wanna be a hero. =)
Ehe...I wanna be a hero. Anyway, I'm going soon. But I got one last promotion to announce!
Avalanche!!!!!
Fungus+101 winter camp
11th-14th July
Camp Howqua
AAaaaaaahhhhhh......I can't wait! It's gonna be so fun!! Err, school peeps...anyone interested? I got extra forms.. =P Don't feel shy-lah...it'll be really really really really fun!!Man, talk about being unable to wait for things. I know you guys are all probably(fine, definitely) bored from how many times I ALWAYS say I can't wait for this and that...but really...I only 'can't wait' for REALLY good things!!
AAAAAAaaaaahhhhh....I almost forgot!!!! (Aha...Fungus is so exciting isn't it? See why I love it now?)
Fungus Album!!!!!!!!!
release date:15th September
Ahhaa...this one, nobody can miss it. It's gonna be so cool, especially with Bryan seow leading the team. Hopefully, I can fit in a song or two in there? ;) Anyway, Bryan's so talented, it's unbelievable!!! Hehe, I really, really like his voice...but that's not the point...Fungus Album is coming out!!! On the same day as our next Fungus Rally!! Like, that's only the biggest day of year 2007!! Imagine!! Woooohooo...man, and I thought Year-12 life for me would be next-to-dead?? Pffftt...with a life in Fungus...I hardly think that would happen. =) =D
=) =) ...excited and happy. =D
Goodnight everyone!
P/S: Should I go watch Pirates-3/Spidey-3 tomorrow with...EVERYONE? Hmm..
No comments:
Post a Comment