Wednesday, July 22, 2009

travel on a jet plane, far away, breakaway

On Sunday, I suddenly felt like going to Mount Dandenong to catch sunset and see night lights.
Since in all my years of being here, I haven't done that yet.
So, I decided to go on Tuesday, and invited a few people along.
I would've loved to invite more people, but because of that stupid new rule on Red P platers, sorry guys, the only other under-16yo I could invite was Josh, but he had soccer lol.. so anyway, Gabriel, Grace and Franny WERE LATE!
and... we missed sunset! =(
But we were just on time for the twilight hour (:
It was still beautiful, and great fun.
Took lots of photos, but Aviel's got them good ones.
These photos are just from my camera.


Vertical shot of Melbourne night lights, but (haha) with a cool, move? lol

The gang. =)
[freezing to death]
We took a LOT more group shots.. haha and a lot of failed ones.
All are with Aviel..

in height's order haha..

Then off to Salsa's at Knox for dinner!
hehe... Nacho fries was yummy as, while Gab and Franny stuffed themselves so much they couldn't finish their burito. hehe..
We had some preeetttyyyy funny conversations, but it would be inappropriate to share them on a blog. haha..



Bumming at Knox (:
And I decided we should get some ice cream to help us better digest our food, so off to Safeway we went.
Weis' Mini Mango Ice Cream Bar. Yum.

Franny, the loner.. eating her ice cream while begging for money.. haha..



And later, we went back to my place to bum again.
Thanks for your company guys.


Hopefully, you guys had a good time too. S2


**



So, if you didn't know already, I spent my weekend painting my room.
Vernis has been painting her room too, light blue and dark purple.
And I suddenly felt like painting my room too, but I only wanted a feature wall.
And the first colour that came to mind was: green!
So, I looked up the meaning of the colour green and found that it is actually, a calm and peaceful colour, and most restful colour for the human eye.
Green it is!

1st coat

Freshly painted 2nd coat
After 3rd coat

I taped up every edge, so it's all protected.
I need to paint one more coat, and after that, deco will be under way.
I'll show you guys one more picture when I'm done decorating my room.


**


Here, a new poem.



You say
You turn back and try to keep the door wide open
You see autumn’s leaves fall where they may;
You say with your mouth that you care
You say you’ll be here all day.

You work on healing a broken wing with words
You hear the trees whisper a soft goodbye;
You say you’ll fight to save this ship
You say forever isn’t just a lie.

You play around with fire believing it’s alright
You feel the coloured winds turn to ice cold;
You say your promise sealed in a letter
You say as long as time grows old.

You dance in the rain savouring Time’s standstill
You taste drops of poison licking your heart;
You say imperfection is part of this life
You say in life you want to be a part.

You drink assurance of love like it is plain water
You smell the aroma of a season's leaving;
You say you don’t want to see it waste
You say there’s hope in everything.

You say Here, where there’s night and day
But your heart walks you the other way.
You say you’ll stay in every way
I listen to what you say.




So often, we take for granted that our actions really does speak louder than our words. This is what this poem's about.. our actions speak louder than our words.
This is one the few poems I write that is filled with metaphors, and I dunno if this is on the record, but I think this poem has enough metaphors to be considered the most metaphor-filled poem I've written =S Not sure how I did that.. Also, the one poem that I put most thought into regarding the form and structure of the poem and the specific words I used.. hmm... pretty cool how everything kinda turned out.. hahaa... hope you enjoyed it...!

No comments: