Ahhh...due to popular demand ;) ....here's an update!
Weeeellll....the Grannies (minus Adrienne) had sleepover at my house last Friday!!! It was funnn... =) =)
Umm...well, we basically spent a lot of our time trying to wake Sarah up and keep her awake lol....we watched a total of 2 movies, as opposed to the goal of 5. LoL...stayed up and asked each other weird and random questions until about 5am? Yeah...then we went to sleep. Yeah...and I was awake about 8, but went back to sleep then woke up again and did that a few times before actually really getting up. It was pretty laid back, we had good fun (especially since Adrienne wasn't there ;) hehhe)...ahhh I love sleepovers!!!
Ummm uni uni uni uni....the last two weeks have been good...I'm enjoying uni life more and more, but at the same time...uni is just getting more hectic. We don't get as much work as Year 12s do...but for some reason there's just a lot to do!! And if I don't keep up...I'll just start falling behind...and then that's obviously not good. So...that's the hectic bit. I've also got a TON to read!!!! But I kinda like that. Eventhough half of the things I have to read are kinda boring and stuff, it's still waayy better than sitting down and solving math equations. Reading: is my homework. =) So I'm loving it.
Another upside: I meet a lot of people like me =) . I'm talking in terms of interests...so, I'm guessing most of you guys won't want to be in the middle of any of our conversations. LoL...it'll sound really book-club-ish haha....OOooorrrr completely intellectual. =) ;) =P
But still...no hotties. Well, I haven't personally met any hotties. LoL...but I see them all over the city. =D So it's good enough for me.
Ummm...nothing much interesting really...besides EASTER next weekend...and a one week break! Whee...I really want beach...I guess it's kinda good that the weather's still hot eventhough it's supposed to be autumn already....this means more time to go beach! Yay! =) =)
OoOh....of course there's a downside to uni. The travelling. Now, how do I put this? Ah yes... BLUECH! Is the word. I take an hour plus of travelling, first walking, then bus-ing then train-ing then tram-ing then more walking. IIiiisssshhhHHH..... definitely hate that. Which also means....when I have 9am lectures, I have to wake up sometimes between 6.30am and 7.00am to leave the house by 7.20 and get to uni sometime before 9am. =.=" I know...lame.
Another downside to city/uni: smokers. UGH....is the word. Bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh...are wordS. They're everywhere!!! Around Uni, around every corner...at the train station...and because I travel so much now, I meet them at bus stations and wherever I walk too. Gay! They...the smokers of course....bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh....they not only ruin my life! The ruin my awesomely clean and nice hair....they ruin my face complexion! And make me feel gross all over. Bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh....are wordS. UGH...to smokers... >.<...
Ok ok...I should fit in a slot here to promote:
EASTER CHURCHWIDE MUSICAL: PRECIOUS TREASURE
Tickets are $5, includes light refreshments and....tickets are running out....FASTTT....!!!
This is an original screenplay written by our very own Executive Pastor Chris Ong! So....come come come!!! Our whole church is highly involved in the whole play, we've put a lot of effort into this....in some way or other, so just come!
Ahhh....ok ok....Besides just telling you I'm really enjoying Uni, or that I'm really loving my subjects...I'll share some more about my favourite subject: Creative Writing. We're learning free verse this week...with a small element of repetition and the effects of it. So here's one poem that really struck me...it speaks for itself, I need not say more than: enjoy!
Repetition Injury –Lauren Williams; Going Down Swinging (2003)
We see the camera see
a man not looking
as the airliner flies softly
into the great glass building
a man looks up too late
we see again the camera
see a man not looking
as the airliner flies softly
into the great glass building
a man looks up too late
we see the camera again
see the airliner fly softly
into the great glass building
too late a man looks up
again we see the camera
see a man not looking
the airliner flying softly
the great glass building
the man looking up
too late, again, not looking
again flying softly
again glass building
again too late
we see the camera, the man
not looking
the plane
glass building
looking
glass
the last thing a man sees
a plane flying straight at him
the last thing a man sees
a plane flying straight at him
we see a camera
see a man
see an airliner fly
softly into the glass
building
plane we see it
again
and again
and again
and again.
Love,
Audrey
-who is loving uni life. And feeling happy. =) -
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment