Thursday, April 12, 2007

o f b e a c h e s a n d o f l o v e

Intro
This will be a long long blog, with lots and lots of pictures!!!


Special Guest
My daddy-lorr!!! Yayeee...it's been an awesome one half weeks with him down here, and we get Wii tournaments, LoL. It's been too much fun, but he's leaving soon-liao.. =(

Kids' Camp '07
What other kids' camp can be this wacky and awesome!!! Themed THE GREAT LIGHT EXPERIMENT, it's been a pretty wacky science experiment but we're all pretty sure it's been a life-impacting camp for a lot of the children.


On the first day, we all check into our dorms to be welcomed by an ever-so-new bunk beds with super new and clean toilets!! The camp management recently rebuilt the whole campsite facilities which proves the awesome surroundings that we get to live in for the next three days. I get introduced almost immediately to my dorm-lings...and by the end of three days, I discover that each and every one of them are absolutely delightful!! There were Adora, Ruth, Sarah and me taking care of Rachel, Clarissa, Geraldine and Arella. We're a bunch of wackos...but I'm sure we had a lot of fun!! I almost forgot to bring Moo-moo, but thank God for Mr. John Siow, he brought it for me!! Hehe, thank you!!! Since Moo-moo was with me, I managed to sleep well. After doing devotions, I'm given the opportunity to sing the girls in my dorm to sleep, and if they still found it difficult to go to sleep, I count caterpillars, butterflies and sheeps for them to go to sleep. LoL...good experience.









Ruth, Sarah, Franny and I woke up at 5.30am on our first morning there to catch the sunrise at the beach which is about 2 minutes walk from the campsite. And it was absolutely amazing...not only breath-taking, it was just...indescribable.!!! All four of us were in awe, and the sight of the sun-rising and the sky lighting was all we could talk about all through breakfast which stirred a few more interested campers to join us the second morning. Ruth and I took Geraldine and Arella along on the second day as well...and it was...cold!!! LoL...even colder than the day before, and it seemed as though the vast sky felt the chill and didn't light as beautifully as the previous day, but beautiful anyway.


On our last night at camp, Ruth, Grace and I took our sleeping bags out onto the quadrangle and hung out with the other guys. We lay on the concrete floor, and though it was freezing cold, the sight of the pretty stars up above looking down on us kept us warm all through the night. Well, I felt pretty warm...lol, could be the 5 layers of clothing I put on because I know for one, Gabriel was freezing...lol, and I had to use my sleeping bag to keep his feet warm. I guess, everyone else was feeling cold too, so in the end we retreated to our dorms with the heater on.


All in all, it's been a tremendously fruitful camp, I somehow felt so much like a mummy, taking care of all the kids and things like that...it was so tiring, and by the last day of camp, due to the amount of energy that I had to exert the past two days plus the lack of sleep...yes, I could be described to be a stone. Now, let me introduce to you my new favourite friend........








Sean!!! Cutest little angel ever; 2 years old and a drooling machine. And yes...ironically, in the arms of my dear sister, the Kids' Pastor. =)

Dear God, Your creations are beautiful...I thank you for showing me all these things, because I'm definitely falling head-over-heels in love with Melbourne beaches!!!!! I wish I could just stay 2 minutes from the beach everyday! Wake up at 5.30 to see the sun rise and then pray!!! Man, that would be awfully romantic!! ;) Of course, Your beautiful little children can be rascals, but I'm still in love with them...'cause You made them and they're wonderful!!


Dance Practice
Niceee...first dance practice for the coming Fungus rally was held a day before camp, and imagine after not dancing for so long...my whole body was aching!! Peter hurt his leg muscle and was limping throughout camp. Poor thing! LoL...but my whole body was aching, and then having to carry baby Ethan and then rocking him to sleep...my hands started aching too!! Oh nooo....but dance practice was so fun!!! LoL...first dance practice we managed to get so much done and then to think...we're less than a month away from Fungus Rally!! So fast!! Well, I can't wait...yesterday we had our second dance practice...mmmm, not so tired yet. But here's our starting pose from Fungus Kung Fu launch...










Man...it was cool, I liked our farm hats!! Go BeatBouncRs!!!


Movie Outing
Yesterday, after dance practice went out to city with a bunch of Fungus-ers. But poor ol' Nicky Girlfriend had to stay at home because his arms were too tired from walking with his crutches up and down the slopes all throughout camp...well, get well soon girlfriend!! Mmm..Meanie, Sarah, Franny, Darren, Alvin, Joshua and I went to watch Freedom Writers at Crowns Plaza...it is such a good movie!! I teared almost every 5-minutes...very touching, and in a way reminded me of the children in India who are less fortunate than me. Peter was with us, except he didn't watch the movie...so he roamed around the city for a bit and then came to meet up with us after our movie...so it was fun. The whole day was exhausting, but one to remember...

Even the rest of my family went out for a movie. Daddy, Mummy, Sonja, Nicole and Vernis went to watch 300. Generally, they didn't really enjoy it because it was too bloody and I'm so glad I didn't watch it!! I could've gotten a nightmare... =P Anyway, after our movies...we met up at Lonsdale St. and had dinner at Izakaya Chuji. Nice food!! And we met JERUSHA there too!! LoL...daddy didn't know how to spell Meanie's real name..but when he saw this on the menu...








It reminded him of Meanie...LoL...dear Meanie, your new name shall be ZARUSOBA...and I'm sad to tell you this, but you're only worth $8!!! Your grandma said so...lol!!! But hey, let's look on the bright side...you're under the 'Special' list. ;) Love you-la...



Well, here are some of the city lights we came across after the movie and before Lonsdale St. I didn't have a proper camera with me, so I had to take the pictures with my phone, so its crap quality. Sorry!
















Yeah, ok well...guess this should be it for today...hope you guys enjoy the vast amount of pictures below... (just keep scrolling, or wait for them to load)

Love,
Audrey.

No comments: