Saturday, December 23, 2006

c h r i s t m a s i n m a l a y s i a

Just what do Christians look like?
What sets their lives apart?
They're ordinary people
Who love God form the heart. -D. De Haan.
Intro
Hi all, from the land of good food! I apologise, for not being able to blog for awhile due to extreme tiredness, busy schedule and having too much to blog about that I really don't know where to start!!

Malaysia
It's been awesome to be back here, see familiar faces, go to familiar places and do familiar stuffs. It's annoying, but I'm feeling the sticky weather again! Hmm...Malaysia, rude sales people and bad service? LoL. Ah, all too familiar. And I like this one best, what water restrictions? Ha...beat that, I can take nice long showers and it feels so good! I missed my house that I grew up in, my dad, my grandma, my dog, my room and so many more...but it's cool to be back here again. I actually went all over the place when we passed a toll on the way to my house from the airport when I first arrived. And even before Josh and I set foot in our house, we went for one round of roti canai!! Yay!

Planetshakers' conference
Most of last week was spent at Planetshakers' conference, and I don't regret one bit about attending the conference. At first, I was a bit reluctant but my mum kept pushing me to attend the conference and I'm so glad she did. It was awesome; I liked this year's speakers even though Mike G. and the Evans weren't there, it was awesome! My favourite was Pastor Paul Geerling from Brisbane, his messages were really inspiring. Overall, the conference was really good, and I felt so refreshed after going to the conference. After going to Hillsong in Sydney in July(which was awesome), then being hecked with all the studying and shopping afterwards, I literally felt like I just drank from some energy drink, some really effective energy drink. Planetshakers introduced a few new songs that I couldn't find on the 'Pick it Up' album, my personal favourite was a slow song titled Jesus. That song is just wonderful! I'm guessing, it should be on their next album. The next song that I like best is Never Stop. A pretty cool praise song, but it doesn't go like super fast or anything.

It was nice, because in between the electives and the night rally, we have about 2 hours to kill. So some of my close friends and I took the chance to watch movies! Yeaahh...2 movies, 2 days in a row and still no hole in my pocket!! I'm totally loving this!!

Shopping
In other terms of money spending, I've been making full use of the cheap shopping in Malaysia!! Love it! But I still feel a bit odd, haven't spent money on so many things in one shopping spree for 10 whole months. It's been cool, walking around, getting sore legs, doing the usual things with my best friends and still feeling satisfied at the end of the day.

Christmas
I'm so into Christmas mood right now, well, have been for the past couple of days. I even put up the Christmas tree in my house all by myself! Yay to me. Because no one else could be stuffed putting it up, so I had to do it. Feel good...

Australia
I feel torn in-between! I'm enjoying Malaysia, I've been missing some things for 10 months, but now that I'm back here, I'm missing a part of Australia as well! Basically, missing my Aussie peeps... I miss having those nice long chats with Meanie and Sarah, miss Franny's 'funny' jokes, basically I miss our big family at Fungus. It's good to know we're all for one, we can come together each week to praise and worship our God together, have lots of fun at other times and still get along. I guess maybe it's because we've all spent so much time with one another that in a short period of 10 months, I've found a family that I really belong with in Australia. Some of you have heard this testimony before, and I still can't thank God enough for having such great plans for me, including giving me you guys. It's been awesome, and I want all of you to know what a blessing you have been to me. Each of you have shown humility and patience with one another, whether we're in or out of God's house. I'm sure you guys have all been very tolerant and forgiving too, or we wouldn't have this great big family of God at FGAM. Most of all, you guys have taught me so much this year, and I want you guys to know, I'm always loving you!

Year End
Ah well, time to reminiscence on things gone by, remember all the lessons learnt, treasure the good and bad times, and forever keep those sweet memories in my heart! I'll try to find time to blog next week as a summary of my whole year, so just wait up for my blogs! ;)

Au revoir
I should get going, need to get rest. So, take care and God bless. May you all have a very Blessed Christmas! Enjoy this great merry season to the fullest, but please never forget why we celebrate Christmas in the first place! I love you.

Love,
Audrey.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. -Romans 15:13

No comments: