Monday, March 14, 2011

me and my blind optimism to blame
























So there are a few things in life I truly enjoy.


Being single makes that list.



But recently, I've begun to start stripping that from this list of mine.


Not because I see everyone getting together and having PDAs all over the place. Heck, those things never bother me… I can't care less who gets with who…. just tell me when they actually get married, have children and then die of old age together (cos often these "relationships" break up anyway, so what's the point?).


I'm despising it most because…. people tend to get on my nerves by making assumptions/ conclusions and the sort…

I'm also despising it because people think just cause I'm single, it also means I'm available.


Well, breaking news: I'm NOT available!


In fact, I'm perfectly lonely (if you define lonely as having no "special someone")!!!

And John Mayer sings:
"I don't belong to anyone, and nobody belongs to me…."

I enjoy friendships. Straight out. I believe, and have seen it come to pass with my own friendships, that it is perfectly fine for a girl and a guy to have a good, solid, just-friends friendship. No need to worry about feelings-drama, and you know those friends are people you can actually count on. They are loyal, healthy friendships, and they WILL NOT turn into something more. "How can you be so sure?" I hear you ask? Well, trust me. When I know, I actually know. When I admit it, I actually know it. For you though, it may be totally different…every opposite-sex friendship you get into always turns into something more. Well, accept this: I am different from you, and I go into friendships with a different mind set than you.


So leave me to be alone/lonely (leave "being single" on my Enjoy List)…stop wondering who I like (believe it or not, it is actually possible not to be liking someone every day of your life), stop wondering if I'll like you back (I probably won't), and stop wondering which guy I'll end up with (your conclusions are most likely to be wrong because the fact that you're wondering shows you don't know me very well)!!

Oh, and get a life. Or find a "special someone" for yourself, thanks.

p/s: To be honest, I seriously don't care who reads this. =.=" I am annoyed. For real.

No comments: