
When it comes to the question of love - and love can be full of questions when you often see relationships fail, and then one or two survive - one can only wonder for how long, for how much, at what cost, and for what.
Where is the line that says "It's logical up until here, then it's a feel-your-way-through from here on in"? Where is the sign that says "Take next left for the right way to love"?
To what extent does all the logic matter? When you find yourselves in heated fights, all those mushy feelings go out the window and all the "logical facts" will surely come up, then what?
Why do people care so much, and why do they chase for things that don't last? Why the time-waste? Why do they hope for relationships that are blindingly obvious to be a failure? Why are they slaves to their feelings and emotions, to whatever their hearts will to do? Why are they slaves to their own flesh?
I've been told that when a person is in love, all they see are the positives, all the hope. It doesn't register into their brains if it's a negative, it turns itself into something positive.
I think that's stupid.
And if it is true, then it clearly shows that "falling in love" only clouds judgment…all the more a reason to beware of what the world tells us we should do: fall in love. Because that's nonsense.
If it is love:
Firstly, it won't make you fall.
Secondly, l-o-v-e includes loving despite the negatives (noted: it's hard to see the negatives until you actually get to know the person).
When you put the two together, you get the theory that to l-o-v-e someone, it takes time.
So if you rush it…..
So there you go. My two-cents' worth of venting on the stupid idea of "falling in love"…or just the world's idea of "love" in general.
And here I am, virtually taking my hat off to all the couples who do the "right" things and "feel" the right way through to a successful, lasting relationship. Then I take a bow for the couples who actually center their relationships around God.
p/s: Lots of people remain single because they keep hoping for the One person, thinking one day, their love will be reciprocated. Fat chance. Time to wake up, open up your hearts to more than just One person who won't love you back. Open up your eyes to possibilities (whether you actually "fall in love" or not is not really my problem), there are plenty of great people in this world. Don't wait until that One person settles down with someone else before moving on… and definitely, don't tell that One person you will wait. >_>
And to echo the messy and random structure of my thoughts thus far, I will end this post by an excerpt of a meaningful song written by a Christian singer/songwriter:
I've always told myself.
I never wanna need somebody else.
But I've already fallen from that hill
So I'm dropping my guard,
here's your chance at my heart.
Oh no, my walls are gonna break,
so close it's more than I can take.
So tired of turning and running away
when love just isn't safe.
When it isn't everything you want
but it's everything you need.
It's not always happy endings,
but it's all the in-betweens.
- Safe by Britt Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment