Sunday, April 18, 2010

fell in love when I saw you standing there

Ok, so a quick update..and maybe some laughter for you as I tell you about my Sunday.



Today, I was teaching in Sunday School about how God's word is like a big love letter to us.


To fit in some personal introduction... I brought my treasure box of love letters collected over the years. These aren't love letters from boys by the way... I usually burn those haha... jk. These are letters collected from friends who encourage me or even update me about their lives (yes, I'm old enough to have lived using the old form of "writing" via pen and paper). Letters just in general...and then the ones collected from the camps I've been attending - all mean so much to me. At the start of the year, when I was packing and arranging them away, I read all of them and they made me feel nostalgic. haha...some of the best moments of my life were captured in those letters.


Anyway, I brought these letters to Sunday School to show the kids, and I opened the box - which was already overflowing - and a boy called Vincent (who is also a leader in training) asked:
"Did you write them to yourself?"
Me: " ..-.-"".. NO!"
Everyone in class(especially Nick and Shaun) laughed hysterically.



Ok..so when everyone had settled down and stopped laughing, I went on with my story...and shared about a boy who gave me a letter when I was 12.
Me: "When I was about 12 years old, in Year 6, there was a boy who liked me..."
Preston: "What?"
Me: "It's not that surprising, guys! People do like me! =_+"" "
Everyone in class... ROFL..


Sigh... ihateboys.. -.- such pains. pfft


So there you have it. L-O-L if you want... go ahead. I'm used to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUNNY!!
vincent and preston are hilarious.
haha.

jasmineee.

sonja said...

Aww...poor u!but it is pretty funny! I can so imagine it!rofl..definitely made my day!

Audrey Tan said...

yeahh...never get to see anyone stand up for me when i get bagged...especially in front of the kids. So it's no surprise why they'd have this kind of reaction towards me.

anyways,stopped hoping for someone to stand up for me. so don't bother starting now if you were considering it. If you didn't, good. just wanted to point out how much i get bagged..by everyone, young and old in general. and people's excuses are "you're fun to bag, and it's funny"

lets continue on with life.

Audrey Tan said...

actuallly...i really wonder why i even bothered. nevermind...jsut forget everything i said in my previous comment. (:

don't know don't care don't want to.
(not being sarcastic, i've just completely stopped hoping and learned to move on with life despite everything)

so...just save your energy...for other more important things/people.