Monday, October 26, 2009

each restless heart beats so imperfectly

Cultural Art Experience

For homework, went to a ballet and an art exhibition.
An amazing experience.
Went to the graduate exhibition with Sarah Goh, and had a wonderful time bonding and having dinner - I know, shocking that Sarah eats! ;P
The graduates' performances were exhilarating!
Each and every dancer was perfectly synchronised with the others.
Sarah was totally blown away too.
Of course, that had nothing to do with the topless guys with very defined shoulders and 6-pack abs. LoL...
A Day in Pompeii: art exhibition
A really amazing exhibition. The way they mapped out the whole thing, so you feel like you're walking through the streets of this little Roman town. They had really strong cultures too, very intriguing group of people. Too bad they got drowned by Volcanic lava.
The exhibition even had body casts. Once the lava hardened and people started digging things out, they actually found rocks shaped just like humans, as in the position they were in when they were hit by the volcano. Interesting.
Ummm..very delayed: Student Life 1950's Ball
I know I uploaded photos onto Facebook like 3 months ago, but this is a glimpse for non Facebook-ers.

In early September, we all got together and put on our best 1950's costume.
My dress was somewhat inspired by Marilyn Monroe's famous white dress.
-Without the intention of having a fan blow my skirt up. =/ lol
Gangsta shot.
Great deco.
This is the real setting of the restaurant/bar. How cool's that?
Meet Joy, closet geek, but totally one of the coolest persons I know.

I thought I'd only see a girl wear a dress with Chucks to a ball in movies. (:
The classic toilet shot.
Another one of my infamous shots.
That's Bryan by the way.. lol
Losted and confused asian kids.
Final group photo.



Asher is turning ONE in a week's time!!!
Here's my cheeky little nephew:

"I'm not in a good mood, don't push it. I'm tired of posing for photos, okay??"
"Are we done yett....??"
"Ahhh stuff photography, Imma stick to reading."
"Did I just hear you call me a cutie?""Well..of course!!! Who else would be as cute as me??"
Asher's a cheeky moo moo
With mummy on the slide.
Awww...*heart melts*
"Imma cool...like Uncle Shaun with his lame 3D glasses that he stole from the cinemas after watching "UP" in 3D." LoL..

Devastated by the fact that there was no more ice cream left to eat. haha!
It really was tragic. (:
Yumm...fooood..
But it's not ICE CREAM!!!
Playing peekaboo with me..








And that's it ladies and gents. Pictures to last 3 months. lol...sorry for the lack in blogging. I simply have no time to blog these days. Just busy, busy and more busy. I'm cheating right now really, by blogging instead of doing work. But I really miss blogging.

Just got home from a movie outing with Mum, Nicole and Vernis. We watched Julia&Julie. Extremely great feel-good movie!! But anyway, after watching... I felt like blogging. And since I've been spending my entire weekend on Summer Project letter writing etc... I decided "Ah..stuff homework... I might as well take one more night off (though I'm pretty sure I'll regret this tomorrow, but whatever)" So here I am, blogging.

I've been going to the cinemas to watch movies.... quite a lot. lol... there was "District 9" from Josh's birthday, then "My Sister's Keeper" because we got discount tickets (the movie's a really good visual version of the book by the way), there was "Up", with Nicole's cell group (mighty funny!!), then "Mao's Last Dancer" which I won tickets to (Great movie, though the book's still the best!), and tonight "Julia&Julie" (which Vernis bought tickets to, so I didn't have to pay). =)

And while walking around in the cinemas, I saw posters for "Sherlock Holmes"!!! Robert Downey Jr!!!! And Rachel McAdams!!! And Jude Law!!! Star cast... I wanna watch >.<....


Anyway, enough about movies. Assigments, essays and everything else has beeenn.... ok. Not bad (yet), not good. But I'm surviving, because I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. - Phillipians 4:13. So, fingers crossed for Summer Project support raising. haha..

GLEE is awesome. Their remake of songs are amazing.... S2 S2...I'm in love with a TV show. And its amazing soundtrack.

No comments: