Let me
Will you catch me when I fall?
Will you unfold your life before me?
How shall I see through this wall?
If you don’t let me.
I just want to spread my wings,
I want to go places I’ve never seen before.
Let me fly high above,
Help me stretch my life before I fall.
Will you run with me to the seas?
Will you discover everything I see?
Let me be the one that unveils your eyes,
But don’t let me stay too close by your side.
I want Grace to endure this trial.
I want Spirit to embrace whatever may dwell.
How can I be strong in your arms?
Shall I gain my strength from you?
Will your lips play a symphony?
Will my ears hear your speech?
When I grip the darkness around me
Show me a hand that I can reach.
In your eyes I will see,
The life that is before me.
The life I’m not meant to live,
The life that I must grieve.
So now let me go, be the bird;
And cut the strings.
…until I find my feet.
I had a weird rush of words yesterday, after finishing season 2 of Smallville.
I know, talk about "belated" huh? But anyway, after not writing a poem....in as long as I can remember, I wrote one. This one. It was a serious rush of words, and I had to get them out. It didn't even make sense to me. Then I had to get Nick to translate it for me, to me. Actually, it still doesnt make too much sense to me. Mmm...so, free for interpretation! Tell me what you think! However, it seems to me that the poem is kind of addressing a few different people at the same time while sounding like it's just one person. But anyway, as an Arts student, I'd say this is my First and a half draft. Why the half? Well, I just added an extra stanza to the original poem. This has A LOT of work still to be done!!
In time to come, I shall spend more time fixing this poem up! But for now, enjoy trying to interpret it. Note that there would be, as in most poems...double meanings to everything "out on the open".
Anyway, quick updates....Uni's great so far. I have a feeling it's gonna totally own first semester so much more (: I'm excited!! heehee...
Goodnight!!
--------Disclaimer--------
I'm proud to say I did not write a Love poem. =D
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment