Saturday, July 07, 2007

f o r g i v e n e s s

mmmmm.....

One friend asked me, awhile back... "How do we keep forgiving, no matter how many times we've been hurt?"

I told her...by God's grace...we can...

Today at Fungus, Pastor Quentin spoke about forgiveness...and told us the story of Joseph in the bible, who forgave his brothers for selling him to slavery.

LoL...Quentin thought of an easy way to remember the 5 keys to forgiveness:

Prayer
Empathy
Act
Confess
Example


You know....the most important thing about forgiveness is that, unless if we forgive someone who has offended us, God can't forgive us for our sins...quite deep huh?


Forgiveness....a big issue that I guess you can't ever finish discussing about...but when I think about forgiveness, two things come to my mind:

  • Jesus' death on the cross.
  • The murder of the three pastors in Turkey, and how the German pastor's wife echoed Jesus' exact words on the cross.

"God forgive them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34)

How great is forgiveness....we had one question that we discussed about in our cell groups, asking if forgiving someone is a sign of weakness or strength. Grace said that it would be a sign of strength because it is harder to do compared with taking revenge.

I completely agree....when we ask for forgiveness from someone and when we forgive someone, we have to first humble ourselves, tear ourselves away from pride and whatever else that comes with pride...then only, can we forgive.

How great is forgiveness....



Love,
Audrey.

No comments: